Definition of alanine in English:
An amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins.
- Alternative name: 2-aminopropanoic acid; chemical formula: CH3CH(NH2)COOH. β-alanine, an isomer of this, is 3-aminopropanoic acid, (NH2)CH2CH2COOH
- Other examples of amino acids are alanine, leucine, cysteine, arginine, and tryptophan.
- All of these silks are composed of protein chains in which the amino acids glycine, alanine, and serine dominate.
- Also, a combination of the amino acids glycine, alanine and glutamic acid can relieve symptoms of prostatitis.
Definition of alanine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan