1A native or inhabitant of Albania, or a person of Albanian descent.
- The Italians and the Albanians had very firm ideas on what was right.
- It is the home of various people including Albanians, Vlachs, Greeks, Serbs, Bulgars, and Turks.
- A crowd of Albanians gathered in Mitrovica.
2The language of Albania.
Albanian constitutes a separate branch of the Indo-European language group, spoken in Albania, Serbia (Kosovo), and elsewhere
- Before arriving in England she could already speak English, Albanian and Serbian.
- I knew a few words of Albanian - enough to say hello and goodbye and thankyou.
- Five percent of the people speak Albanian, most of these concentrated in the southern province of Kosovo.
Relating to Albania, its people, or their language.
- The peace plan aims to undercut the rebellion by granting greater rights to the one-third minority in everything from the use of the Albanian language to greater recognition of Islam.
- Key partners of the accord, including the prime minister and ethnic Albanian leader, were among many absentees when debate resumed after being muzzled for two days by the parliament speaker over demands for refugee returns.
- Western sources said final accord on a package of reforms to give Macedonia's Albanian minority more rights in order to end a five-month-old guerrilla insurgency was expected either late yesterday or this morning.
Words that rhyme with AlbanianAzanian, Iranian, Jordanian, Lithuanian, Mauritanian, Mediterranean, Panamanian, Pennsylvanian, Pomeranian, Romanian, Ruritanian, Sassanian, subterranean, Tasmanian, Transylvanian, Tripolitanian, Turanian, Ukrainian, Vulcanian
Definition of Albanian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.