- A condition in which there is excessive secretion of aldosterone. This disturbs the balance of sodium, potassium, and water in the blood and so leads to high blood pressure.More example sentences
- Large chronic doses of licorice may result in cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac arrest, and pseudoprimary aldosteronism (including symptoms of hypertension, hypokalemia, and edema).
- Glucose intolerance may occur in clinical conditions where there is severe hypokalaemia and a deficit in potassium balance such as primary or secondary aldosteronism or after prolonged treatment with diuretics.
- I was able to rule out a pheochromocytoma and aldosteronism.
More definitions of aldosteronismDefinition of aldosteronism in:
- The British & World English dictionary