A toxic synthetic insecticide, now generally banned.
- A chlorinated polycyclic hydrocarbon; chemical formula: C12H8Cl6
More example sentences
- Organochlorine insecticides include chemicals such as DDT, methoxychlor, heptachlor, chlordane, toxaphene, aldrin, endrin, dieldrin, and lindane.
- Aldicarb, aldrin, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, lindane, mirex, PCBs, and toxaphene are present in all our country's ecosystems, animals, and humans.
- As the Minister in the previous debate mentioned, the 10 chemicals are: aldrin, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, hexachlorobenzene, mirex, toxaphene, and polychlorinated biphenyls.
Definition of aldrin in:
- The British & World English dictionary