1Depending on the throw of a dice or on chance; random.
- Fortunately, some cosmologists have lately begun to consider models in which the ‘initial conditions’ are aleatoric and hence far from simple.
- Thus the rigorous intellectualism of serialism and the freedom of aleatoric processes are not paradoxical, but stem from the same mindset.
- It is presumed that the very creation of life spawned from the song of its constant aleatoric mutations.
1.1Relating to or denoting music or other forms of art involving elements of random choice (sometimes using statistical or computer techniques) during their composition, production, or performance.
- In his later works he experimented with electronic music, while aleatory techniques form the basis of two major orchestral scores from 1967.
- They were intrigued and learned something new about Mozart and aleatory music.
- All of these elements are combined into seemingly aleatory compositions that, like fractals, operate on several scales at once.
Words that rhyme with aleatoryadulatory, approbatory, celebratory, clarificatory, classificatory, commendatory, congratulatory, consecratory, denigratory, elevatory, gyratory, incantatory, incubatory, intimidatory, modificatory, participatory, placatory, pulsatory, purificatory, reificatory, revelatory, rotatory
Definition of aleatory in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.