- A gem variety of chrysoberyl that appears green in daylight and red in artificial light.More example sentences
- Before nightfall, the group had seen amethyst, citrine, imperial topaz, aquamarine, tourmaline, and even alexandrite.
- Randy G. Lander is a Russian descendant and she carries on the medieval Khazars tradition of jewelry trading with an emphasis on alexandrite. She can tell you alexandrite is the rarest gemstone on earth.
- Lasers with wavelengths of 600-1100 nm (such as the ruby, alexandrite, and diode) penetrate deeply and are absorbed by eumelanin in the hair shaft and follicle, which is thought to be the target chromophore.
More definitions of alexandriteDefinition of alexandrite in:
- The British & World English dictionary