- An alley in a formal garden or park, bordered by trees or bushes.More example sentences
- But then came the Industrial Revolution and mass production, and parterres, allées and garden ornaments again were status symbols.
- To one side a hidden pergola overlooks the lake and on the other side an allée of lime trees leads to an oval pool garden.
- Inside are three full-scale soccer pitches, set off by allées of plane trees like those along the boulevard Port-Royal.
mid 18th century: French.
More definitions of alléeDefinition of allée in:
- The British & World English dictionary