- A signal that danger or difficulty is over: she was given the all-clear to travel homeMore example sentences
- By the time the all-clear signal was given, the building had been entirely evacuated.
- His premises were promptly inspected and given the all-clear, but he has asked for a further inspection today as an extra precaution.
- However, victory celebrations were renewed when the player returned to the clubhouse after being given the all-clear by doctors.
More definitions of all-clearDefinition of all-clear in:
- The British & World English dictionary