- An event or task that continues throughout the night, especially a study session before an examination: he would do an all-nighter, the way he used to in schoolMore example sentences
- I personally really didn't wake up until 4pm today which I've never done unless it was after an all-nighter (all night chat, that is) ending at 9am, and even that only happened once.
- As for Dan, a third-year speech communication major, he needs coffee to stay awake through all-nighters.
- A source told Britain's Daily Sport newspaper: ‘The party was a real all-nighter.’
More definitions of all-nighterDefinition of all-nighter in:
- The British & World English dictionary