- 1 another way of saying all-or-nothing.More example sentences
- No, it's not as though if was an all-or-none thing, the increase was about 25% over the average, over the cycle.
- Instead of this all-or-none attitude, what is required of the contemporary practitioner is a realistic mindset that is open to possibilities and yet rigorously respectful of much needed scientific evidence.
- Remember that nothing in bodybuilding is an all-or-none proposition.
- 1.1 Physiology (Of a response) having a strength independent of the strength of the stimulus that caused it.More example sentences
- The all-or-none response of the action potential helped to identify the limit for a supra-threshold stimulus, by gradually increasing the amplitude of the pulse.
- Alternatively, if most of the vesicles contained none or just one single enzyme molecule, then the latter subset of vesicles caused an all-or-none response to the binding of the inhibitor.
- The BAER elicits an all-or-none response; a normal functioning ear will produce a specific waveform pattern while a nonfunctioning ear produces a flat line.
More definitions of all-or-noneDefinition of all-or-none in:
- The British & World English dictionary