Definition of all-or-none in English:
1 another way of saying all-or-nothing.
- No, it's not as though if was an all-or-none thing, the increase was about 25% over the average, over the cycle.
- Instead of this all-or-none attitude, what is required of the contemporary practitioner is a realistic mindset that is open to possibilities and yet rigorously respectful of much needed scientific evidence.
- Remember that nothing in bodybuilding is an all-or-none proposition.
1.1 Physiology (Of a response) having a strength independent of the strength of the stimulus that caused it.
- The all-or-none response of the action potential helped to identify the limit for a supra-threshold stimulus, by gradually increasing the amplitude of the pulse.
- Alternatively, if most of the vesicles contained none or just one single enzyme molecule, then the latter subset of vesicles caused an all-or-none response to the binding of the inhibitor.
- The BAER elicits an all-or-none response; a normal functioning ear will produce a specific waveform pattern while a nonfunctioning ear produces a flat line.
Definition of all-or-none in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia