Definition of all-star in English:
Composed wholly of outstanding performers or players: an all-star cast
More example sentences
- On the one hand, you do get to see shows that might otherwise never be performed, and you get to see all-star casts that could never be assembled for a long run.
- But there are more than three stars in this all-star cast.
- It's a contemporary version with an a less than all-star cast.
nounNorth American Back to top
A member of an all-star group or team.
- So Popovich sat down and watched Tony Parker perform against a team of American college all-stars.
- Unlike those Republican capitalist Yankees, the Democrats can't afford to populate their team with high-priced all-stars.
- But then in Washington's last two big trades, the team exchanged young all-stars Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace for aging journeymen with huge guaranteed contracts.
Definition of all-star in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.