A crystalline compound formed in the nitrogen metabolism of many mammals (excluding primates).
- A cyclic compound related to hydantoin; chemical formula: C4H6N4O3
More example sentences
- The active compounds are allantoin and rosmarinic acid.
- Oftentimes, it is not the cortisol stimulating properties which are cited for their healing properties but some other biochemical agent such as allantoin in comfrey.
- Comfrey contains allantoin, a natural substance that stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
Definition of allantoin in:
- The British & World English dictionary