- Tomorrow the Constitution Court will meet to decide whether to dissolve Mr Somchai's People's Power Party for alleged vote-buying.
- A potential Labour backbench revolt over the Government's plans for faith schools was delayed last night by a Commons row over alleged vote-rigging.
- A single strand of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne's hair was found on the sweatshirt of her alleged killer, a court heard yesterday.
- His only witness had a similar loss of memory about the details of the alleged confrontation.
- The case against Krekar is built largely on the testimony of two young men alleged to be members of Ansar al-Islam.
- Zimbabwe's opposition leader, Morgan Tsvangirai, today said he would return home this weekend despite alleged assassination threats from the Mugabe regime.
Middle English (in the sense 'declare on oath'): from Old French esligier, based on Latin lis, lit- 'lawsuit'; confused in sense with Latin allegare 'allege'.
Words that rhyme with allegedredge, edge, fledge, hedge, kedge, ledge, pledge, reg, sedge, sledge, veg, wedge
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.