Definition of alligator lizard in English:
A short-limbed, long-tailed, slim lizard native to the North American west coast.
- Genus Gerrhonotus, family Anguidae: several species, including the northern alligator lizard (G. coerulus) and the panamint alligator lizard (G. panamintinus)
- I caught an alligator lizard in a Target store because the employees were afraid of it.
- Miguel has wrangled the foot-long, thrashing alligator lizard, his hand protected by a wadded T-shirt.
- In Paradise Valley we found such a place where we could exchange the unctuous reptiles of Hollywood for far less pretentious alligator lizards and gopher snakes.
Definition of alligator lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.