nounchiefly North American
- A sprung metal clip with long, serrated jaws, used attached to an electric cable for making a temporary connection to a battery or other component.More example sentences
- If the alligator clip cannot be attached to my shirt for any reason (old-fashioned styles can only be clipped in the direction that men's shirts button), it can be clipped to the jacket or vest.
- Black eyeliner and an alligator clip to hold my hair up, and I was ready to go - after putting on my black chucks, of course.
- Twist each section clockwise and then click back off the forehead with a small claw clip, bobby pin or tiny alligator clip.
More definitions of alligator clipDefinition of alligator clip in:
- The British & World English dictionary