A slender bottom-dwelling fish of the northwestern Atlantic, with an armor of bony plates and two curved spines on the snout.
- Aspidophoroides monopterygius, family Agonidae
More example sentences
- He showed me a unique ‘pez lagarto’ or alligator fish that he had caught and prepared for us.
- I demanded an explanation of this new threat, and she told me everything she knew: alligator fish are bottom feeders with big chompy teeth.
- The most abundant species in the total catch from all gear types were rock sole, northern sculpin, Pacific halibut, butter sole, Aleutian alligator fish, and fourhorn poacher.
Definition of alligator fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary