Definition of alligator lizard in English:
A short-limbed, long-tailed, slim lizard native to the North American west coast.
- Genus Gerrhonotus, family Anguidae: several species, including the northern alligator lizard (G. coerulus) and the panamint alligator lizard (G. panamintinus)
- I caught an alligator lizard in a Target store because the employees were afraid of it.
- Miguel has wrangled the foot-long, thrashing alligator lizard, his hand protected by a wadded T-shirt.
- In Paradise Valley we found such a place where we could exchange the unctuous reptiles of Hollywood for far less pretentious alligator lizards and gopher snakes.
Definition of alligator lizard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan