Definition of allocate in English:
Distribute (resources or duties) for a particular purpose: the authorities allocated 50,000 places to refugees [with two objects]: he has been allocated a generous slice of the annual budget
More example sentences
- Of course, Budgets are also about allocating resources in the here and now to deal with current problems.
- The state acts best when it takes the role of a caring parent, balancing the needs of all its children and allocating its resources accordingly.
- Are we allocating our resources in the right direction, according to your estimates?
- Example sentences
- After allocating the basis and the amount realized between these portions, Bob determines that $12,000 of the gain is allocable to the residential portion and $6,000 is allocable to the rental portion.
- However, when a trip is primarily for vacation, the entire cost of the trip is a non-deductible personal expense, except for any expenses you have while at your destination that are directly allocable to your business.
- They are potentially liable to the artist for the artist's losses, for an allocable portion the profits they earned, attorneys fees and treble damages (in the trademark cases).
- Example sentences
- With this in mind, earlier this year many of the asset allocators at the large investment firms reckoned it was time to start moving away from small companies back into mid and large caps - fuelling some of the rise earlier in the year.
- I agree that the market place is generally the most efficient allocator of resources and that increased competition will usually result in cheaper rates for consumers, improved security of supply, and improved service.
- During this same period, of course, the growth of the regulatory state made government vastly more important as an allocator of wealth and opportunity.
Words that rhyme with allocatebifurcate • suffocate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan