- If they were sincere they would open the entire process of the city budget allocation to the public.
- It will result in each resource allocation process being subject to boundary disputes.
- And to do so it must make the efficient allocation of scare resources its prime objective at all times.
- Poor management decisions on resource allocations can also impair the value of assets.
- If the city has to have the best of infrastructure, it has to have the best of resource allocations.
- We have a budget that more than takes care of the resource allocations that are needed.
- (chiefly Economics )Example sentences
- Such behaviour is so odious because it brings little allocative benefit - no significant increase in supply in the short run - and carries a huge distributive cost, as those with resources take advantage of those without.
- Indeed, there are an infinite number of option implementations that produce the same allocative equilibrium, but merely divide the expected payoffs differently between the disputants.
- Road pricing is a radical solution that primarily is about securing allocative efficiency of scarce resources, namely road space.
Late Middle English: from medieval Latin allocatio(n-), from the verb allocare (see allocate).
local from Late Middle English:
Local is from Latin locus ‘place’. At first used to mean ‘concerned with place or position’, it was applied more specifically to a small area with respect to its inhabitants from the late 17th century. Locals described the inhabitants themselves from the mid 19th century. The same root is found in allocation (Late Middle English) from allocare ‘allot’, dislocate (late 16th century) ‘displace’, locate (early 16th century), locomotive (early 17th century), something that could move its place, and locale (late 18th century). This is from French local, the same as the English word, but with an ‘e’ added to show the change in pronunciation ( compare moral and morale).
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.