- Any of the versions of a morpheme, such as the plural endings /s/ (as in bats) /, z/ (as in bugs), and /iz/ (as in buses) for the plural morpheme.More example sentences
- It requires the distribution of allomorphs according to orthographic criteria.
- In the analysis, /miso/ can be decomposed into /mi/ ‘three’ and /so/, an allomorph of /to:/ ‘ten’.
- More example sentences
- You'd need more examples of the two deletion rules, more examples of the ‘k’ being its own suffix and not allomorphic with ‘nak’, and you'd need to have good reason to associate [pa] as being the base of [panak].
- In this paper, I propose an account of the allomorphic alternation of the lexical passive construction in terms of Information Theory.
More definitions of allomorphDefinition of allomorph in:
- The British & World English dictionary