(also allosaurus /ˌaləˈsôrəs/)
Definition of allosaur in English:
A large bipedal carnivorous dinosaur of the late Jurassic period.
- Genus Allosaurus, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
- We need a hominid skeleton and an allosaurus skull.
- And then she saw two allosauruses appear and the fight was a lot less even.
- I do not mean the nimble, fleet-footed ones like the allosaurus; I mean the slow sloth-type ones that we are encountering at the moment.
- Example sentences
- The switch from Stegosaurs to Nodosaurs might have been linked to the switch from allosaurian grab-hunters to tyrannosaur impact-hunters.
- With the dinosaurs in his lost world, the main predators were descendants of allosaurian predators, but they were becoming wiped out by a new predator evolved from birdlike dinosaurs called avimimids.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan