- A light canvas shoe with a plaited fiber sole; an espadrille.More example sentences
- He modeled his product after the alpargata but used brighter colors and different materials.
- The men of Otavalo wear three-quarter length white trousers, white alpargata shoes beneath them, flowing dark ponchos, and hats of differing sizes and colours.
- Once Brad Pitt is seen in alpargatas, all Argentines are going to put them on.
early 19th century: from Spanish.
More definitions of alpargataDefinition of alpargata in:
- The British & World English dictionary