- Energy generated in ways that do not deplete natural resources or harm the environment, especially by avoiding the use of fossil fuels and nuclear power.More example sentences
- Any serious attempt to shift from fossil fuels to alternative energy demands greater national and global efforts.
- We should pursue all viable alternative energy sources, from nuclear power to solar to geothermal.
- While we're on the subject of costs, consider that the cheapest and safest form of alternative energy is - using less.
More definitions of alternative energyDefinition of alternative energy in:
- The British & World English dictionary