- Illness caused by ascent to a high altitude and the resulting shortage of oxygen, characterized chiefly by hyperventilation, nausea, exhaustion, and cerebral edema.More example sentences
- He finally had to feign illness due to altitude sickness and return to Beijing to be re-assigned to another post.
- They will be at risk of many other illnesses besides altitude sickness.
- Indeed Spanish Jesuit fathers in South America were the first in Western literature to document the symptoms of altitude sickness.
More definitions of altitude sicknessDefinition of altitude sickness in:
- The British & World English dictionary