- A clef placing middle C on the middle line of the staff, now used chiefly for viola music.More example sentences
- The alto clef encountered when reading the viola part poses a challenge.
- This editor permits single or double stave notation utilizing the treble, bass, tenor and alto clefs.
- The wedding cake, with chocolate covered strawberries between the layers, was decorated with treble clefs for Rachel's violin and alto clefs for Nick's viola.
More definitions of alto clefDefinition of alto clef in:
- The British & World English dictionary