Definition of altogether in English:
- And then there's the question of adjusting for inflation which I am not altogether sure how to go about.
- Cllr Brian Stanley said that he was not altogether sure that all the blame lay on her shoulders.
- In fact, I am not altogether sure that there is much truth at all going around Camps Bay these days.
- He does the game completion stats for us as well, and altogether it can be quite time-consuming so he does a good job.
- Altogether it wasnt the most successful show for us.
- Altogether it's one of my absolute favorite movies of all time.
Note that altogether and all together do not mean the same thing. Altogether means ‘in total, totally’ as in there are six bedrooms altogether, or that is a different matter altogether, whereas all together means ‘all in one place’ or ‘all at once,’ as in it was good to have a group of friends all together, or they came in all together.
- 1in the altogether
- informal Without any clothes on; naked: she’s agreed to pose in the altogetherMore example sentences
- And they genuinely believe that they created a fashion for male celebrities appearing in the altogether.
- I have no doubt he dreamt up some of the city's freeways he subsequently built while sunning himself in the altogether.
- He struts around confidently in the altogether.
Words that rhyme with altogetherfeather, heather, leather, nether, tether, together, weather, wether, whether
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.