- A high explosive consisting of a mixture of TNT and ammonium nitrate.More example sentences
- This realization also led to the production of minol, a mixture of aluminium and amatol, that could devastate an area 80% larger than TNT alone.
- Secondly, a lot of bombs failed to detonate as many had warheads made of amatol, which was an inefficient explosive.
- Originally these mines had TNT-filling, but Finnish manuals list only mines with amatol filling.
early 20th century: formed irregularly from am(monium) + tol(uene).
More definitions of amatolDefinition of amatol in:
- The British & World English dictionary