- 1Causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing: an amazing number of people registered it is amazing how short your memory isMore example sentences
astonishing, astounding, surprising, stunning, staggering, shocking, startling, stupefying, breathtaking; awesome, awe-inspiring, sensational, remarkable, spectacular, stupendous, phenomenal, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable• informal mind-blowing, jaw-dropping• literary wondrous
- For a great number of individuals the results over time have been nothing short of amazing.
- Some of the big palms were stunningly beautiful, displaying amazing detail and symmetry.
- To see that happen in front of you is still an amazing, exciting experience.
- 1.1 • informal Startlingly impressive: she makes the most amazing cakesMore example sentences
- He has absolutely amazing stagecraft and extraordinary command of body language.
- In addition to the music being amazing, the people watching was phenomenal.
- When the final whistle was blown the excitement of the boys and the spectators was amazing.
- [sentence adverb]: amazingly, Alan escaped with a few cuts and bruises [as submodifier]: an amazingly good ideaMore example sentences
- Americans work incredibly hard and are amazingly driven, in my experience.
- The pair are amazingly busy but seem to have a real enthusiasm for their work.
- It is amazingly quiet and produces enough power for thousands of homes.