Definition of amberjack in English:
A large marine game fish found in inshore tropical and subtropical waters of the Atlantic and South Pacific.
- Genus Seriola, family Carangidae: several species
- In this scenario, salmon, cod, amberjack, red snapper, and other fish are raised in the cages and are fed ground fish meal from rafts on the surface.
- Like Majorca, the sea around Menorca abounds with shoaling barracuda, amberjack, dentex and dolphins.
- Some giant trevallies, the odd green jobfish and a solitary amberjack had paid us a visit, together with an ever-present and rather annoying pack of small reef sharks.
Definition of amberjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.