- Will operation in environments with significantly higher ambient temperatures cause a pump malfunction?
- One of the primary differences in these two environments is the average ambient temperature, both in the day and night.
- The hatchlings normally emerge after a period of about 45-55 days depending upon the ambient sand temperature and climatic conditions.
- Forsaking the oeuvres of boy bands, their coverage has so far been saturated with unobtrusively tuneful ambient dance music.
- Harp arpeggios, ambient sounds, a typewriter and speech establish the mood.
- For those who aren't familiar with these projects, this collaborative release serves as an excellent introduction to a Danish collective that are doing some really impressive things with ambient guitar work at the moment.
Late 16th century: from French ambiant or Latin ambient- 'going around', from ambire.
ambition from Middle English:
Ambition comes from Latin ambire, literally meaning ‘to go round or go about’ (also the source of late 16th-century ambient), but with the more specific sense of ‘to go round canvassing for votes’. From this developed the idea of eagerly seeking honour or advancement.
Words that rhyme with ambientcircumambient
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of ambient in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.