Definition of ambient in English:
- Will operation in environments with significantly higher ambient temperatures cause a pump malfunction?
- One of the primary differences in these two environments is the average ambient temperature, both in the day and night.
- The hatchlings normally emerge after a period of about 45-55 days depending upon the ambient sand temperature and climatic conditions.
noun(also ambient music) Back to top
- Unnamed track number two opens upon friendlier environs, its ambient swells of keyboards almost deciding upon a melody or two.
- The rest of us - content merely with good ambient music overflowing with ideas - should be overjoyed by the entire album.
- There's a fine line between captivating ambient music and anecdotal videogame soundtracks.
ambition from Middle English:
Ambition comes from Latin ambire, literally meaning ‘to go round or go about’ (also the source of late 16th-century ambient), but with the more specific sense of ‘to go round canvassing for votes’. From this developed the idea of eagerly seeking honour or advancement.
Words that rhyme with ambientcircumambient
Definition of ambient in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.