- A vehicle specially equipped for taking sick or injured people to and from the hospital, especially in emergencies.More example sentences
- Six to seven emergency vehicles and four ambulances are also provided.
- An additional phase of the new development could incorporate other emergency services such as ambulances and coastguard.
- We assume all duties which are carried out by our ambulance service are emergencies.
early 19th century: French, from hôpital ambulant 'mobile (horse-drawn) field hospital', from Latin ambulant- 'walking' (see ambulant).
More definitions of ambulanceDefinition of ambulance in:
- The British & World English dictionary