Definition of amelanchier in English:
A tree or shrub of a genus that includes the juneberries.
- Genus Amelanchier, family Rosaceae
- Another good choice is amelanchiers, or serviceberries, thin-skinned berries with a hint of cherry.
- The weeping cherry was in full bloom, and the crabapples and amelanchiers blooming too.
- I ordered several amelanchiers by mail in 1-gallon containers.
From French dialect amelancier 'medlar'.
Definition of amelanchier in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.