noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- The cation NH4+, present in solutions of ammonia and in salts derived from ammonia.More example sentences
- Amides are hydrolysed to ammonium salts with catalysis by acids or alkalis.
- The perchloric acid then neutralises the alkali ammonia forming crystals of ammonium perchlorate salt.
- And it contained the inorganic salts manganese sulphate, potassium chloride and ammonium sulphate.
More definitions of ammoniumDefinition of ammonium in:
- The British & World English dictionary