- A white crystalline salt used chiefly in dry cells, as a mordant, and as soldering flux. Also called sal ammoniac.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NH4Cl
- These salts, along with other inorganic salts (calcium chloride, potassium chloride), dissociate in solution; thus, the filtrate may contain ammonium sulfate, sodium chloride, ammonium chloride, or sodium sulfate.
- It is manufactured by heating methanal with ammonium chloride.
- Enteric coated tablets containing alkaline matter such as ammonium chloride, lithium carbonate or sodium-salicylate might lose the stability when storing at higher temperature, it has been sometimes experienced.
More definitions of ammonium chlorideDefinition of ammonium chloride in:
- The British & World English dictionary