Definition of ammunition in English:
1A supply or quantity of bullets and shells.
- Large quantities of ammunition and supplies had been stockpiled there.
- He is suspected of being a hired hitman able to supply guns and ammunition to contacts in the criminal underworld.
- By the winter artillery ammunition had been rationed to one or two shells per gun per day.
2Considerations that can be used to support one’s case in debate: these figures provide ammunition to the argument for more resources
More example sentences
- His 19 years in the Senate have provided plenty of ammunition for critics to portray him as inconsistent.
- But it provides more ammunition to those opposed to American corporate globalisation.
- First, never ask what they would like to wear - it'll only provide them with ammunition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.