noun (plural amontillados)
- A medium dry sherry.More example sentences
- Taste-wise, it feels more like a dry oloroso than amontillado, revealing, as it does, a dark, nutty, chocolate bite on the palate and a finish that delivers waves of salted hazelnuts.
- With soup, try a tangy fino or nutty, dry amontillado.
- Now I admit I may have written this under the influence of just a little too much amontillado but, nevertheless, you be the judge; read a few of his earlier delicious posts for a fuller and ‘Scottishly’ superb flavour
Spanish, from Montilla, the name of a town in southern Spain where the original wine was produced.
More definitions of amontilladoDefinition of amontillado in:
- The British & World English dictionary