Definition of ampelopsis in English:
noun (plural same)
Any of several woody vines of the grape family.
- Genus Ampelopsis, family Vitaceae: several species, including American ampelopsis (A. cordata), the pepper vine (ampelopsis arborea) and the porcelainberry (A. brevipedunculata)
- I don't think its a type of Ampelopsis although the leaves look similar.
- This variety of Ampelopsis is easily kept within bounds, it actually only climbs to 8 ft. or so.
- I have collected in the last quarter of a century more than 30 different varieties of Ampelopsis and Parthenocissus.
Modern Latin, from Greek ampelos 'vine' + opsis 'appearance'.
Definition of ampelopsis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.