Definition of ampelopsis in English:
noun (plural same)
Any of several woody vines of the grape family.
- Genus Ampelopsis, family Vitaceae: several species, including American ampelopsis (A. cordata), the pepper vine (ampelopsis arborea) and the porcelainberry (A. brevipedunculata)
- I don't think its a type of Ampelopsis although the leaves look similar.
- This variety of Ampelopsis is easily kept within bounds, it actually only climbs to 8 ft. or so.
- I have collected in the last quarter of a century more than 30 different varieties of Ampelopsis and Parthenocissus.
Definition of ampelopsis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India