noun (plural same)
- Any of several woody vines of the grape family.
More example sentences
- Genus Ampelopsis, family Vitaceae: several species, including American ampelopsis (A. cordata), the pepper vine (ampelopsis arborea) and the porcelainberry (A. brevipedunculata)
- I don't think its a type of Ampelopsis although the leaves look similar.
- This variety of Ampelopsis is easily kept within bounds, it actually only climbs to 8 ft. or so.
- I have collected in the last quarter of a century more than 30 different varieties of Ampelopsis and Parthenocissus.
modern Latin, from Greek ampelos 'vine' + opsis 'appearance'.
More definitions of ampelopsisDefinition of ampelopsis in:
- The British & World English dictionary