- A bitter crystalline compound, found in bitter almonds and the stones of peaches, apricots, and other fruit.More example sentences
- Moreover, when unripe, they contain amygdalin, which is also present in bitter almonds, and are toxic.
- Taken orally or as an injection, laetrile is a purified form of amygdalin, a chemical found in lima beans, raw nuts and the pits of many fruits.
- This herb contains amygdalin which hydrolizes into benzaldehyde and hydrocyanic acid.
mid 19th century: from Latin amygdala 'almond' + -in1.
More definitions of amygdalinDefinition of amygdalin in:
- The British & World English dictionary