Definition of amyl nitrate in English:
A colorless synthetic liquid used as an additive in diesel fuel to improve its ignition properties.
- Chemical formula: C5H11NO3
- I was absolutely hooked - quite possibly something to do with the smell of ether and amyl nitrate in the fuel.
- I even used to make my own fuel, the contents of which contained wonderfully volatile components such as amyl nitrate and ether.
- When I looked down and breathed in it was the unmistakeable smell of amyl nitrate reaching my nostrils.
Definition of amyl nitrate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan