- The crystallizable form of starch, consisting of long unbranched polysaccharide chains.More example sentences
- Another relevant class of biopolymers for which stretching measurements are available is constituted by polysaccharides, in particular cellulose, amylose, and dextran.
- Its starch consists of two kinds of glucose polymer: amylose and amylopectin.
- But Thais were accustomed to rices that, like Thai people, stick together (stickiness is determined by the ratio of two different starches, amylose and amylopectin).
More definitions of amyloseDefinition of amylose in:
- The British & World English dictionary