Definition of anaglyph in English:
1 Photography A stereoscopic photograph with the two images superimposed and printed in different colors, producing a stereo effect when the photograph is viewed through correspondingly colored filters.
- What the scientists can do - and have done - is unite the in-focus elements of each picture in the series and create anaglyphs that present a three-dimensional view of the outcrop and the terrain of the crater floor.
- It's interesting to compare the latter images with Earth's Grand Canyon; see NASA's Visible Earth or this anaglyph (or, if you prefer, this ordinary stereogram) from the Eagle Eye Maps Experiments Page.
- These anaglyphs of Nirgal Valles and Maja Valles make it perfectly clear we're seeing deep flat-bottomed canyons with dune systems of some sort.
2An object, such as a cameo, embossed or carved in low relief.
- It maintains traces of old murals and anaglyphs of early Christian symbols.
- Above, the king, protected by Isis, makes the offering of his anaglyph to Khonsu, who now wears the feathers that are more characteristic of Montu.
- Example sentences
- By doing this each eye is seeing only one part of the stereo pair used to make the anaglyphic image.
- And when using the anaglyphic glasses, the 3D effect is added by the unsharp fore- and background objects.
- A plasticon opened at the Rivoli theater in New York in 1922 which made novel use of the anaglyphic process.
Words that rhyme with anaglyphWyclif • Northcliffe
Definition of anaglyph in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan