(also analecta /ˌanlˈektə/)
- A collection of short literary or philosophical extracts.More example sentences
- The analects said ‘Peace is vital,’ which reminds me all the time that co-operation with the staff and solidarity are the essence of the success.
- However many other philosophers and religious figures have used analects to a lesser extent.
- Read and share with the class the information in the background information about the time in which the analects were written.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek analekta 'things gathered up', from analegein 'pick up', from ana- 'up' + legein 'gather'.
More definitions of analectsDefinition of analects in:
- The British & World English dictionary