(Chiefly of a drug) tending to reduce sexual desire.
- Well, I find that having someone approve of what I do has the same anaphrodisiac effect as a marriage licence.
- The herb is anaphrodisiac - which means it reduces sexual desire, particularly if it is pathological.
- The use of bromide (it has anaphrodisiac properties - opposite to aphrodisiac) was / is commonly used to keep troops at a low libido so they don't need to show off their masculinity and start fighting one another.
An anaphrodisiac drug.
- Perhaps the most commonly used anaphrodisiacs in American society are alcoholic beverages and cigarettes.
- Yes, saltpeter has long rumored to be an anaphrodisiac, a substance that reduces sexual drive.
- Most people don't know what it is, but would have no trouble identifying an example of an anaphrodisiac.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of anaphrodisiac in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.