noun (plural anchorwomen)
- A woman who presents and coordinates a live television or radio program involving other contributors.More example sentences
- ‘My 10-year plan includes becoming a news anchorwoman for a major television network,’ she says.
- But over the summer, we told you about Chicago's WBBM TV, which was offering viewers a no-frills newscast with a serious format and a serious anchorwoman, veteran broadcaster Carol Marin.
- When some television anchorwomen speak English, their poor pronunciation may give you goose bumps.
More definitions of anchorwomanDefinition of anchorwoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary