- Hookworm infection of the small intestine, often leading to anemia.
More example sentences
- The infecting organism is typically Ancylostoma duodenale, class Phasmida (or Secernentea)
- Symptoms of ancylostomiasis vary by host, but often include diarrhea, weight loss, and severe anemia.
- Moreover, as discussed above, there was some other cause than ancylostomiasis for the presence of this malabsorption.
- Gastro-intestinal helminths accounted for 68% of all parasitic conditions with ancylostomiasis as the leading cause of mortality.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Ancylostoma (from Greek ankulos 'crooked' + stoma 'mouth') + -iasis.
More definitions of ancylostomiasisDefinition of ancylostomiasis in:
- The British & World English dictionary