- A gray, green, brown, or pink aluminosilicate mineral occurring mainly in metamorphic rocks as elongated rhombic prisms, sometimes of gem quality.More example sentences
- The aluminium silicate minerals andalusite, kyanite, and sillimanite are good examples of this phenomenon of polymorphism.
- The spotted textures are marked by the growth of biotite, cordierite and andalusite on the metamorphic foliation.
- From Pliocene time the shallow emplacement of intrusive bodies resulted in thermal metamorphism (forming, for example, biotite, cordierite, andalusite, K-feldspar and corundum in pelites) and hydrothermal activity.
More definitions of andalusiteDefinition of andalusite in:
- The British & World English dictionary