Definition of androcentric in English:
Focused or centered on men: in the radical feminist view science is sexist and androcentric
More example sentences
- But most of the literature on globalization continues to be androcentric, ignoring the centrality of women to the economic restructuring of the years since the mid-1970s.
- Rather than offering a comprehensive account of objectivity, some feminists have offered methodological guidelines for avoiding the sexist and androcentric errors and biases that feminists have identified in mainstream science.
- Nonetheless, I am reminded of a remark that if science is androcentric, then this is the best endorsement for androcentrism that one can find.
- Example sentences
- The religious difficulty of paternal imagery is not primarily due to its androcentrism or patriarchy.
- So much of claimed rationality is in fact androcentrism masquerading as value-free objective analysis.
- Feminists criticize the misogyny of philosophers and the overt and covert sexism, androcentrism, and related forms of male bias in philosophy.
Definition of androcentric in:
- British & World English dictionary