- A male sex hormone, such as testosterone.More example sentences
- Male steroid sex hormones, androgens, are produced in the testes.
- This means that it interferes with some of the actions of androgens (male sex hormones) within the body.
- Thus, fasciculata and reticularis cells can make corticosteroids and the adrenal androgens, but not aldosterone.
- More example sentences
- One of the earliest examples of a synthesized and enhanced steroid was the androgenic steroids called androgenic anabolic steroids, which are more potent than testosterone.
- Drugs commonly referred to as ‘steroids’ are classified as anabolic, androgenic, and corticosteroids.
- Of course, exercise and weight-training are the natural routes to achieve this, but it can be achieved more easily, albeit at greater risk to health and reputation, by injecting anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs).
1930s: from Greek anēr, andr- 'man' + -gen.
More definitions of androgenDefinition of androgen in:
- The British & World English dictionary