A male sex hormone, such as testosterone.
More example sentences
- Male steroid sex hormones, androgens, are produced in the testes.
- This means that it interferes with some of the actions of androgens (male sex hormones) within the body.
- Thus, fasciculata and reticularis cells can make corticosteroids and the adrenal androgens, but not aldosterone.
1930s: from Greek anēr, andr- 'man' + -gen.
- More example sentences
- One of the earliest examples of a synthesized and enhanced steroid was the androgenic steroids called androgenic anabolic steroids, which are more potent than testosterone.
- Drugs commonly referred to as ‘steroids’ are classified as anabolic, androgenic, and corticosteroids.
- Of course, exercise and weight-training are the natural routes to achieve this, but it can be achieved more easily, albeit at greater risk to health and reputation, by injecting anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs).
Definition of androgen in:
- The British & World English dictionary