Definition of androgyne in English:
1An androgynous individual.
- These human representatives of the primal animal androgynes become highly revered and powerful.
- I'm considered an intersex person, and I see myself as an androgyne which is neither male nor female but a complex mixture of all.
- This Agdistis, like the androgynes of Plato, was extremely mighty and had strong sexual feelings toward both men and women.
- It is pretty rare for an androgyne actually to * be * hermaphroditic - that is, balanced perfectly between male and female.
- With its classic form of an egg or here, of a triangle, its autonomous sexuality, the androgyne is a perfect creature, a continuity of bliss [jouissance] which nothing can interrupt.
- If they stay true to their nature, androgynes cannot reproduce.
Words that rhyme with androgynecelandine • anodyne
Definition of androgyne in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan