Definition of android in English:
1(In science fiction) a robot with a human appearance.
- The science fiction fascination with robots and androids is the culmination of this perception of machines as being almost like one of us.
- Modern Science Fiction abounds with intelligent robots and androids, both good and bad.
- In the simplest, we have robots or androids who can think but who cannot feel joy, grief, guilt or jealousy.
2 (Android) ( trademark in the UK) An open-source operating system used for smartphones and tablet computers: [as modifier]: I have an Android phone and I like it a lot
More example sentences
- I'm less rigorous with using only free software on my Android phone than on my desktop.
- The Android tablet hardware isn't that different so they could have something out quickly for another billion or two.
- The second mouse button on an Android tablet should behave exactly the same as the second mouse button on every other OS in existence.
Words that rhyme with androidsteroid • thyroid • hydroid
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.